Tuesday, March 11, 2008

American Idle

That's how I feel sometimes when I come home from work and putter around without a real goal in mind. I try to avoid the television but once I flip that switch on my brain goes into freeze frame and I find myself lost in whatever world that happens to appear in front of my eyes. Can you imagine how frightening that can be? If you land in some worldly cool place like in One Hundred Best Beaches you are golden. You find yourself sitting on some white sand in Kauai just chilling with the beautiful Hawaiian breezes around you. Life is good...right? But. What if you land in the middle of the island on LOST? No wait. I've never seen that show so I don't know what the hell would happen but it always looks like there is some major drama going on. That and sweat. And dirt. Lots of dirt. Everyones face is always soiled and streaky and they all look anguished so at the very least you have that. Sweaty dirty anguish. Maybe you land in the chronically mundane. The living room of some rerun show like Everyone Loves Raymond. The food is good but the yelling. You might as well stay on the island in LOST. I wouldn't mind spending a few rounds on Top Chef. The food is much better and there is still sweating and anguish. Maybe a pitstop on Project Runway so you can look "fierce" as you eat your gourmet grub. Maybe I should just shut the T.V. off. If only I could find the remote. Wait. What's this? My favorite Scrubs. It's the one with the seal named Betty. She has the best timing... my brain is melting!!!

No comments: